Monday, September 22, 2008

Toubab Dialo-like a vacation in a vacation









I have a Wolof quiz in a few minutes, but here are some photos from this weekend. Everyone went to Toubab Dialo, a little village two hours south of Dakar. It was absolutely beautiful there! We stayed at a really cool hotel and you can see my room, which overlooked the ocean. A few of us went on a walk yesterday morning to explore the village and got invited into the house of these five artists, who gave us fonde and watermellon and played the flute and danced for us, and we talked for the morning. We all shook with our left hands because we plan on meeting again some time. You can also see the pirogues (boats) on the beach and a big rock on the beach in front of the hotel where Sarah and I posed for a shot. Also we did baticking, so I have a cool piece of fabric now.
Friday I went to another beautiful closeby beach/island called Ngor and will post photos of that later, as well as the lighthouse I climbed. I'm a little worse for the wear right now with various scrapes and cuts and blisters so I'm going to get that straighted out at the doctor first and will post again. Wish me luck on the quiz!
Ba beneen yoon
Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mimi and I loved the photos!!! Mimi enjoys seeing your face. You look very content...enjoying yourself. It looks beautiful on the ocean. Cannot wait to see more pictures. You are surrounded by good photographers. You are pretty good yourself. Liked the boat on the beach. REMEMBER never enough photos. Don't be like your mother and miss good photo ops. by waiting for the right moment. Just shoot as many as you possibly can. Mimi stared at the pics for about an hour...said she could look at them forever...XXOOOO